Town Clerk

Nancy A. S. Martin
Town Clerk
Rindge Town Office
30 Payson Hill Rd
Rindge, NH 03461
603-899-5181 x107
Monday - Thursday 9:00-1:00 and 2:00-4:00
2nd & 4th Thursday 9:00-1:00 and 2:00-6:30
Friday 9:00-1:00

Click here for dates closed in May, 2012

Additional Links:

Registering to Vote

E-Reg is operated by Interware Development Company
on behalf of the Town of Rindge.  
Your registration form and decals will be sent to you in the mail. 
Your new registration is not valid until you recieve them. 
Registrations are processed during normal business hours. 
Click on the license plate to get started!

Probably the first concern of new residents is their automobiles.  If you are coming from another state and your vehicles are 1999 or newer models, we need to convert your out of state title to a NH Title. Without the original title we cannot register the vehicle.

As of January 1, 2001 the State title law changed from a ten (10) year to a fifteen (15) year term for vehicle titles.  In the current year a vehicle that is 1998 or older, a person must present to the clerk at the time of registering, either a previously issued New Hampshire certificate of registration or copy thereof (temporary registrations do not meet the requirements of previously issued), a valid title or copy of (NH or out of state) or a vehicle identification verification form completed by an authorized agent named on the form (these forms may be obtained at the Town Clerks Office) and a bill of sale. Vehicles 1999 and newer need a title and a bill of sale.

Most passenger vehicles can be completed at the town level.  Heavier vehicles may have to be completed at a state DMV office.  Additional documents needed are proof of residency.   A piece of mail with your street address or a rental agreement are acceptable. We cannot accept P.O.Boxes as proof of residency.

After  you have established your residency and registered your car, it is time to transfer your out of state license  to a NH license at the nearest DMV.  Keene does licensing on Mon - Friday.    Milford does licensing on Weds. & Thurs., the fee for the license is $50.00, and both are open 8:15am to 4:15pm. When  transferring your license you will need proof of residency; your N.H. vehicle  registration is acceptable proof, also you will need your birth certificate and one of the following: Passport, Baptismal Certificate, Marriage Certificate, Social Security Card or Military I.D.

If you are coming from another town in NH , you will still need proof of residency and your old registration before we can renew or transfer your registration. Right  to Privacy Law prevents any person who is not on a registration  to receive information,  transfer  or renew  that registration.  They must have prior registration or written  permission from the owner of vehicle to perform that transaction. That is why  there can be no information done by phone.  All quotes for vehicles must be done at window. Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, and Discover. 

The next item most  people ask about is, "What do I do about my dog?" All dogs from the time they get their first rabies shot as puppies,  must be licensed. Please bring papers from your Vet showing rabies inoculation with rabies tag number and the expiration.  Also if the animal was neutered or spayed, bring that form. Without these papers we cannot license the dog. If during the move you lost these documents, I will accept a fax from the vet’s office directly to my office. The fax number is 603-899-2101.   Though cats must have a current rabies shot, we do not license them.   Also the leash law is in affect .  No dog shall be allowed to roam freely from their yard.  Each time dog is found roaming the Dog Officer charges $25.00 per incident –per dog. Every year the dog license must be renewed by APRIL 30th.  Please check your rabies expiration  in March to make sure it is current. I cannot renew license if shot has expired.

These include Marriage, Civil Union, Birth and Death records.   Anyone wishing to get a copy  of a record and this includes genealogy searches, must pay a $15.00 fee for each record whether it is found at this office or not.  Birth records after 1900 are not open to public. You must prove you are a direct relation.  Marriage & Death records are not open to public after 1936 without the same proof. Marriage/Civil Union Licenses filing fee is $45.00. You must provide original documents of birth from your city or town where born and if widowed or divorced, those documents which have been filed and have a docket date and signature of the filing clerk.  No copies!!  Also you must provide a picture ID such as a driver's license. Since a Marriage/Civil Union filing takes about 30 minutes, we ask couples not show up less than half hour to closing.  See hours above. Payments may be made by cash, check, Master Card, and Discover.

Powered By Savvy Software